Text Message Updates via Twitter
Want to get text updates from Warrenton Baptist Tiny Tots without having to create a Twitter account? No problem! Use fast follow to receive Twitter updates without having to sign up or add your phone to a Twitter account. To get started, simply compose a text message with Follow wbttcc in the body and send it to 40404 and you will start receiving updates from Tiny Tots on your device.
How many mesage will I receive?
Warrenton Baptist Tiny Tots only uses this update system to issue time sensitive messages and alerts to subscribers. In the case of inclement weather updates, early school closings, or other information of a time-sensitive nature, we will send a message. For all other news about Tiny Tots, please “Like Us” on Facebook or check our News & Updates here on our website.
Does it cost money? Will fees be added to my phone bill?
Twitter is a free service; we do not charge you to use it, even via SMS. However, if you use Twitter via text message on your phone, your mobile carrier may charge you for those messages according to your service plan. Your carrier will charge you for text messages from Twitter in the same way as text messages from someone you know. For example:
- If you have an unlimited texting plan, you won’t be charged for texts.
- If your plan only allows a certain number of texts per month, you’ll be charged for texts that go over that number, whether or not they came from Twitter.
- If you pay-per-message, you will be charged by your carrier for the messages sent from Twitter
Note that standard rates do apply when you add your phone to Twitter. Your service provider might have fees for sending and receiving SMS/text messages or using your mobile browser to connect to Twitter.
What is SMS?
Short Message Service (SMS) is a text messaging service component of phone, Web, or mobile communication systems. It uses standardized communications protocols to allow fixed line or mobile phone devices to exchange short text messages.
What’s a Twitter "short code"?
These are phone numbers that are used by Twitter to help you access your Twitter account via SMS on your phone. You can text message your Tweet to your respective code/number and it will post to your Twitter profile. Different countries use different codes. The short code for Warrenton Baptist Tiny Tots Care Center is wbttcc.
How can I stop receiving updates from Tiny Tots?
To discontinue getting text messages from Tiny Tots, simply send OFF wbttcc in a text message to 40404.
Fast follow mobile commands
Below you’ll see all of the SMS commands you can use as a fast follower. All other SMS commands, including those for registered users, can be found here.
- Follow [username] - allows you to receive updates from that user.
- OFF or STOP or LEAVE - turns off receiving updates from the users you are following.
- ON - will turn on device updates and you will start receiving tweets again.
- WHOIS [username] - retrieves the profile information of the user.
- STATS - returns the number of people that you are following.
- GET [username] - retrieves the latest update that user has posted.
To remove your phone and fast follower list from Twitter:
- Sending STOP twice in succession to your shortcode will delete your follower list and remove your phone number from Twitter. You will no longer receive updates from us.
- You can send Follow [username] anytime and start receiving updates again!